Face Coverings -  Onsite Teaching -  Lateral Flow Testing -  Exams & Assessment -  COVID Safety on Campus
 Click here for full details on what you need to know
Surge Testing - click here for information

For information on summer assessments, including grading and appeals - click here

Proposed College Merger - click here for information for information

Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Wed 01 September 2021

Starts: 01/09/2021

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Uxbridge Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

Entry Requirements

Full achievement of AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping or Accounting qualification and GCSEs English and Maths (Grade 4 or above).

Who is the course for

Students progressing from AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping or Accounting qualification wishing to gain qualified Bookkeeper status and, Students wishing to make informed and confident decisions regarding their finances.

Course Content

Learners will study two qualifications.

1. AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeepung and
    1. LIBF Level 3 Certificate in Financial Studies. Students enrolled on this course are required to complete both qualifications as part of their study programme. For AAT, Students need to achieve competence in following three units.
  • Advanced bookkeeping
  • Final accounts preparation
  • Indirect tax

For CeFS, students need to achieve competence in following two units.

• Financial capability for the immediate and short term
  • Financial capability for the medium and long term

Study Methods

Both qualifications (AAT and CeFS) are exam based qualifications. For students seeking to continue in education, CeFS provides a foundation for further study in business and finance-related disciplines, as well as a wide range of other commercial or not-for profit sectors The emphasis is on learning key theories and advancing them through thorough understanding of practical and work-based situations. Students are provided with multiple resources including question banks, mock exams, chapter activities and books where relevant. Students are expected to use these resources in the class as well as at home. In addition to College attendance, students must be prepared to commit at least five hours per week.

How is the course assessed

All units are assessed through computer based exam. Previous completion of similar units could be accredited. All Full-time 16-18 year old learners need to complete meaningful and significant employer engagement. Therefore, students are required to complete work experience as part of their study programme.

Where next - Further Studies

• AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting with employment
  • AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
  • Higher Education including University courses
  • Full time/Part time employment

Where next - Job Opportunities

• Employment as a Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant or Trainee Accountant.
  • Self-employment as a qualified Bookkeeper

More Information

For more information, please contact Sheila McCarthy on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

How to Apply

To apply for a course choose one of these methods:

• Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
  • Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.

When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.

Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Wed 01 September 2021

Starts: 01/09/2021

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Uxbridge Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

case study image

Suzanne

The help and support I received during my application process made me sure about wanting to enrol at Uxbridge College. The support from the teachers is amazing and the work experience opportunities we have on our courses are fantastic too. I would definitely recommend this college as it’s so friendly and supportive with a wide variety of courses.

case study image

Hetvi

I chose Uxbridge College as it provides amazing support for students with disabilities. The staff and learners create a positive environment at the College. The lessons and resources are accessible for all students. During lockdown, my teachers were very supportive and ensured I didn’t fall back in my studies with videos and emails of lessons, while my learning support assistant cleared my doubts via hangout/zoom calls and I was able to do my exam on time. I would recommend the College to everyone.