AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - PT
Full achievement of AAT Level 3 qualification or equivalent accounting qualification. A prior degree qualification in accounting and relevant accounting work experience will also be considered as an alternative.
Who is the course for
Students who wish to gain a professional qualification and are aiming to be employed in an Accounting or Financial environment.
The course is made up of the following units:
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies (Compulsory unit)
- Management Accounting: Budgeting (Compulsory unit)
- Management Accounting: Decision & Control (Compulsory unit)
- Accounting Systems and Controls (Compulsory unit, Part of Synoptic)
- Business Tax (Optional unit 1 of 5)
- Personal Tax (Optional unit 2 of 5)
The emphasis is on practical, work-based situations, with the aim of improving students theoretical understanding of Financial and Management accounting, and to reinforce learning with simulated workplace scenarios. Students will also use their own initiative to evaluate Financial situations, study tutor resources and AAT resources. In addition to College attendance and work, students must be prepared to commit at least five hours per week.
How is the course assessed
This is exam based qualification. Learners have to take computer based assessment for each unit. The synoptic assessment will assess learners on all compulsory units. All results are released 6 weeks after the assessment date.
Where next - Further Studies
AAT members are entitled to exemptions on Accounting and Finance related degrees at over 30 UK universities. All the UKs chartered and certified accountancy bodies recognise AAT qualification and offer AAT qualified learners generous exemptions.
Where next - Job Opportunities
- Finance Team Leader, Finance Officer (Higher Level)
- Self –Employment as Accountant
*Please be advised that the fee is for the full course, delivering 6 units for the duration of 40 weeks. Fees charged do not include AAT membership fee or books. Once enrolled, you will be required to register with AAT and pay the student membership fee directly to AAT. We will let you know which books you will need for your course and where you can buy them from.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.