AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - PT
Full achievement of AAT Level 3 qualification or equivalent accounting qualification. A prior degree qualification in accounting and relevant accounting work experience will also be considered as an alternative.
Who is the course for
Students who wish to gain a professional qualification and are aiming to be employed in an accounting or financial environment.
The course is made up of the following units:
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies (Compulsory unit)
- Budgeting (Compulsory unit)
- Decision & Control (Compulsory unit)
- Business Tax (Optional unit)
- Personal Tax (Optional unit)
- Accounting Systems and Controls (Compulsory unit, Part of Synoptic)
The emphasis is on practical, work-based situations, with the aim of improving students theoretical understanding of financial and Management accounting, and to reinforce learning with simulated workplace scenarios. Students will also use their own initiative to evaluate financial situations.
In addition to College attendance, students must be prepared to commit at least five hours per week.
How is the course assessed
There is a computer-based exam for each of the first 5 units assessed externally by the AAT. Accounting Systems and Controls is part of Synoptic exam (assessed externally by the AAT), Synoptic exam also includes content from the other 3 compulsory units.
Where next - Further Studies
AAT members are entitled to exemptions on accounting and finance related degrees at over 30 UK universities All the UKs chartered and certified accountancy bodies recognise the AAT and offer our members generous exemptions.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Finance Team Leader, Finance Officer (Higher Level)
*Please be advised that the fee is for the full course, delivering 6 units for the duration of 40 weeks. Fees charged do not include AAT membership fee or books. Once enrolled, you will be required to register with AAT and pay the student membership fee directly to AAT. We will let you know which books you will need for your course and where you can buy them from.
Last updated: 8 July 2020
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.