Beauty therapists and make-up artists are in demand - train to become part of this exciting and rapidly growing industry. With such fast-moving trends, the range of treatments offered in our salons is constantly developed to meet the needs of clients.
What's it like in Beauty Therapy ?
- Learn from tutors with extensive knowledge of the industry, who understand what you need to do to flourish. Using top-quality salon products including Dermalogica and Love your Skin, they will support you with the theory and practical elements of the course and encourage you to exceed your expectations.
- Develop your Special Effect Make-Up skills in our brand-new media make-up studio. This course is taught by Sita Gill who won the BABTAC & CIBTAC Make-Up Artist of the Year Award and Eyelash Technician of the Year Award in 2017 and who has a wealth of experience working with celebrities in film and television.
- Develop your knowledge further with planned workshops from industry specialists, trips to trade shows and exhibitions and exciting opportunities to enter industry competitions.
- Work experience provides a key role in developing employability skills further, with past students attending placements at Pinewood Studios and Imagine Spa.
- Take part in the end of year show, regular development activities at local community events and host pamper days, where you have the opportunity to showcase your skills.
- Students have gone on to secure employment in a wide range of beauty salons and spas or progressed onto University.
- Work with real clients in our Distinction salons, which are open to the public. To book an appointment please call 01895 853666.
Distinction our top quality beauty salons, based at the Hayes Campus, are open to the public, offering a wide range of beauty treatments at a highly discounted price.
Click here for pricelist or to make a booking call 01895 853666.
Last updated: 9 November 2017
The college has great facilities especially the new make-up studio as the lighting is brilliant, this is essential for us as this makes it easier for us to practice our skills.
My lecturers are passionate about their jobs and all have industry experience. They give us a real-life insight of what it’s like to work in the beauty industry. One of my lecturers has won many awards and is highly respected in the industry – this is something I aspire to, as it shows that hard work and dedication pay off.