C&G Level 3 Diploma (VRQ) in Beauty Therapy (3003-36)
You will need a Level 2 Beauty qualification and an interest in and an enthusiasm for beauty therapy, with a good work ethic. You will be interviewed to assess your suitability for the course.
Who is the course for
This course is for qualified beauty therapists wishing to progress.
Students will learn how to do the following:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Facial electrotherapy treatments
- Body electrotherapy treatments
- Massage techniques
- Self-tanning treatments
- Individual permanent lashes.
You will carry out treatments on paying clients, family and friends to meet the assessment requirements for the course.
How is the course assessed
Understanding of theory work is assessed by written questions, projects and assignments, which are completed at the end of each unit and also by oral questioning during practical situations. Assessment of practical skills is ongoing while working in the College salon.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress into employment or onto the Level 4 Diploma in Management Practice.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You can gain employment as a beautician in beauty salons, hotels and sports and leisure complexes.
Last updated 27 June 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.