C&G Level 2 Technical Certificate in Beauty Therapy (6003-20)
Minimum Grade 4 in GCSE English and one other, preferably in maths or science.
Who is the course for
This City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate in Beauty Therapy aims to provide you with a range of essential technical and practical skills and knowledge, which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the beauty Industry.
This qualification covers all the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the world of work within the beauty therapy industries.
You will study the following mandatory content:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Principles of practice for Beauty Therapists
- Hair removal treatments
- Facial and skin analysis
- Manicure treatments
- Pedicure treatments
- Light cured gel polish
- Lash and Brow treatments
- Apply make-up services
- Spray tanning treatments
Practical salon sessions, Anatomy & Physiology / Theory lessons Lectures given by industry experts Employers input into projects and exercises. Industry experts will act as ‘expert witnesses’ to contribute to the assessment of your work. Regular testing of underpinning knowledge via written tests, Google forms, Socrative and kahoot quizzes.
How is the course assessed
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments:
- One externally set, externally moderated assignment/practical exam
- One externally set, externally marked theory exam, sat under examination conditions
- Optional unit assessments as required
This qualification is graded Pass/Merit/Distinction/Distinction*
Where next - Further Studies
- C&G Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- C&G Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Beauty & Spa Therapy
- C&G Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects Hair & Media Make-Up or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy.
You can gain employment as a beautician in beauty salons, hotels and sports and leisure complexes
Where next - Job Opportunities
You will be able to work in a number of employment destinations such as; beauty salons, spas, hotels or health clubs.
Last updated: 05 August 2020
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.