C&G Level 2 Technical Certificate in Make-Up Artistry (6010-20)
Minimum Grade 4 in GCSE English and One other, preferably in maths or art.
Who is the course for
The course is for anyone wanting to pursue a career in make-up artistry
Compulsory topics include:
- Working in the make-up industry
- Anatomy & physiology
- Research, develop and showcase designs
- The art of applying make-up
- Hair artistry
- Creative make-up artistry
- Practical salon sessions, Anatomy & Physiology / Theory lessons.
- Lectures given by industry experts
- Employers input into projects and exercises.
- Industry experts will act as ‘expert witnesses’ to contribute to the assessment of your work.
- Regular testing of underpinning knowledge via written tests, Google forms, Socrative and kahoot quizzes.
How is the course assessed
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully * One externally set, externally moderated assignment/practical exam
- One externally set, externally marked theory exam, sat under examination conditions
- Optional unit assessments as required
This qualification is graded Pass/Merit/Distinction/Distinction*
Where next - Further Studies
- Level 3 VRQ Theatrical Special Effectts Hair and Media Make-up
- Level 2 Technical in Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 VRQ Hair Dressing
- You can gain employment as make-up artist on a make up counter, work on magazine shots or freelance as a Hair and Make-up Artist
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification could lead to a job as a make-up artist working in one of the following establishments:
- Photo shoots
- Magazine and publication shoots
- Department stores
- Make-up stores
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.