Returning to Onsite Teaching  |  Lateral Flow Testing  |  Exams & Assessment  |  COVID Safety on Campus

Click here for full details on what you need to know

Proposed College Merger - click here for information

Hayes Campus: Course Starting Wed 01 September 2021

Starts: 01/09/2021

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Hayes Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

Entry Requirements

Minimum Grade 4 in GCSE English and One other, preferably in maths or art.

Who is the course for

The course is for anyone wanting to pursue a career in make-up artistry

Course Content

Compulsory topics include:

• Working in the make-up industry
  • Anatomy & physiology
  • Research, develop and showcase designs
  • The art of applying make-up
  • Hair artistry
  • Creative make-up artistry

Study Methods

• Practical salon sessions, Anatomy & Physiology / Theory lessons.
  • Lectures given by industry experts
  • Employers input into projects and exercises.
  • Industry experts will act as ‘expert witnesses’ to contribute to the assessment of your work.
  • Regular testing of underpinning knowledge via written tests, Google forms, Socrative and kahoot quizzes.

How is the course assessed

To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully * One externally set, externally moderated assignment/practical exam

• One externally set, externally marked theory exam, sat under examination conditions
  • Optional unit assessments as required

This qualification is graded Pass/Merit/Distinction/Distinction*

Where next - Further Studies

• Level 3 VRQ Theatrical Special Effectts Hair and Media Make-up
  • Level 2 Technical in Beauty Therapy
  • Level 2 VRQ Hair Dressing
  • You can gain employment as make-up artist on a make up counter, work on magazine shots or freelance as a Hair and Make-up Artist

Where next - Job Opportunities

This qualification could lead to a job as a make-up artist working in one of the following establishments:

• Photo shoots
  • Magazine and publication shoots
  • Department stores
  • Make-up stores
  • Salon

How to Apply

To apply for a course choose one of these methods:

• Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
  • Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.

When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.

Hayes Campus: Course Starting Wed 01 September 2021

Starts: 01/09/2021

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Hayes Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

case study image

HANNAH

I am very happy in my beauty therapy course. The facilities for my course are excellent and of the highest quality. The products we use are the best brands available and there is no shortage of equipment. The teachers make learning fun and are very thorough in their work. The work experience options are fantastic and the extra training and qualifications are an added bonus. I would definitely recommend the College to anyone interested in a beauty course.

case study image

JESSICA

I was impressed with the amazing facilities and industry experienced staff at Uxbridge College. I like the hands-on experience we gain at the salon while working with real clients. With professional-standard facilities on site and a caring environment with super supportive teachers, I would highly recommend Uxbridge College to anyone looking to join!