C&G Level 2 Diploma Access to Building Services Engineering
4 GCSEs at grade D (grade 3) or above including English, maths and science, or a relevant Level 1 qualification, plus a good school report commenting on attendance, punctuality,
behaviour and commitment.
Who is the course for
This intermediate qualification is for people thinking about a career in building services engineering and perhaps maintaining air conditioners or working as an electrician
or a plumber.
Need some practical experience to make a career decision? This one year introductory qualification covers four areas of building services engineering:
- Electrical installation
- Heating and ventilation
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning.
Core units include:
- Understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of:
-refrigeration and air conditioning operations
-electrical installation operations
-heating and ventilation operations
- Carry out safe BSE working practices
- Apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Roles, responsibilities and procedures in BSE
- Apply scientific principles within mechanical services engineering.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering).
Where next - Job Opportunities
These qualifications do not lead directly to a job, but they prepare you to choose and start other qualifications. After taking another qualification, you could choose to work as:
- an electrician
- a plumber
- a heating and ventilation engineer
- an air conditioning engineer.
Please call our Information, Advice & Guidance team on 01895 853333.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00