Smart Home System Design & Installations (Electrical)
Who is the course for
This course is for candidates working in the engineering sector who wish to update their skills to specify, design, install and maintain automation systems in domestic or commercial buildings. The course will benefit companies and individuals that wish to align their businesses with these realities and prepare for the growing demand in this area.
- Introduction to home automation (domotics)
- Planning a home automation (domotics) project
- System hardware and set up
- Designing an installation
- Wiring up the system
- System integration and programme upload
- More advanced programming and scheduling
- Heating/cooling and light sensor control
- Security and access control
- Graphics displays and energy monitoring.
- Powerpoint presentations
- Hardware/software demonstrations
- Practical system specification and design activity
- Practical system wiring and installation activity
- Practical system programming and test activity
- Assisted self study project; design of a system for a small part of a building of your choice e.g. home, workplace, gym etc.
Candidates will be required to carry out programming during the course and so access to a Windows PC would be highly desirable to get the full benefit. If candidates have a Laptop with the Windows operating system installed then they can bring it in so that they can connect to the system, otherwise they should bring in their program on a memory storage device; Some Apple Macs have also Windows OS installed, sometimes even on a separate processor - this may work but is not guaranteed.
How is the course assessed
If the tutor deems you competent, at the level that has been taught, then you will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion endorsed by Domotics Controls Ltd and Uxbridge College.
Where next - Further Studies
Various in the Building Services sector.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various, including electrical contractors, custom installers/system integrators, electrical engineering consultants, energy management consultants, disabled persons support consultants, quantity surveyors.
Each student should bring their own PC laptop with wi-fi, and will be provided with copies of the presentation and other associated materials, as well as all software necessary for practicing system programming and diagnostics.
This qualification is recognised by Teletask Domotics System distributors and installers in most of Europe, India, China, Canada, South America, Russia and Australia, should the students wish to seek work in these countries. In addition the students receive a voucher for about £300 towards the cost of Teletask Domotics hardware if they successfully complete the Level 3 course.
Bespoke Training: In line with industry demand, we are happy to discuss with you tailor made delivery, to meet your specific needs. This may comprise of distance learning, delivery at a time to suit you, intensive study, and delivery at your premises.
Further information on Domotics Ltd and how this technology can be used in home automation please visit the http://www.domotics.uk.com
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.