BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Business (RQF)
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A- C) including both English & maths, or a relevant Level 2 Extended Certificate qualification at merit or above with English and Maths GCSE grade 9-4 (grade A- C).
Who is the course for
This course is designed for those wishing to gain an insight into the world of business with a broad understanding of areas such as marketing, finance, the business environment and business communication. Get involved in business challenges and take advantage of guest speakers and enrichment activities to enhance your learning.
Year 1 course RQF Year 1. Students will study the following core units:
- Unit 1 Exploring Business
- Unit 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign – external exam
- Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance – external exam
- Unit 4 Managing an Event
- Unit 17 Digital Marketing
- Unit 33 Supply Chain Operations
- Unit 8 Recruitment and selection
Year 2 Course RQF Year 2. Students will study the following core units:
- Unit 5 International business
- Unit 6 Principles of management
- Unit 7 Business decision making Plus an additional 4 units based on preferred pathways (pathway choices below):
- Human resources
How is the course assessed
This course is assessed using a variety of methods:
- Externally set assessments held under controlled conditions
- Externally set assignments
- Internally set assignments
Where next - Further Studies
Progression from the Foundation Diploma year 1 would be onto the Extended Diploma (year 2), followed by HE courses at Uxbridge College or progress to university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You may gain employment within accounting, law, retail, events management or human resources fields.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.