BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Business (RQF)
5 GCSEs grade A*- C including English and maths, or a BTEC Level 2 qualification at merit or above with GCSE English and maths at grade C (grade 5/4) or above.
Who is the course for
This course is designed for those wishing to gain an insight into the world of business with a broad understanding of areas such as marketing, finance, the business environment and business communication. Get involved in business challenges and take advantage of guest speakers and enrichment activities to enhance your learning.
Year 1 course RQF Year 1. Students will study the following core units:
Unit 1 Exploring Business
Unit 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign – external exam
Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance – external exam
Unit 4 Managing an Event
Unit 22 Market Research
- Unit 8 Recruitment and selection
Year 2 Course RQF Year 2. Students will study the following core units:
Unit 5 International business
Unit 6 Principles of management
Unit 7 Business decision making
Unit 19 Pitching for a new business - to help with unit 7
Unit 14 Customer Service
- Unit 23 English Legal system
How is the course assessed
This course is assessed using a variety of methods:
- Externally set assessments held under controlled conditions
- Externally set assignments
- Internally set assignments
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from RQF foundation in Business to second year. After completing the second year learners progress onto the BTEC Level 4 HNC/Level 5 HND Diploma in Business at Uxbridge College or University or employment.
Where next - Job Opportunities
A variety of roles, such as marketing, accounting, human resources and administration.
Last updated: 7th November 2019
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.