C&G Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery (7100-12)
Level 1 Certificate in Professional Cookery. To complete the assessments you will need a good level of English, both written and spoken. Selection is by interview and a reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for individuals who have a passion for professional cookery & are looking to have a career as a professional chef in the catering and hospitality sector.
The course will cover many topics which will include the following:
- Prepare & cook meat & offal
- Prepare & cook fish & shellfish
- Prepare & cook Poultry
- Produce cook hot & cold deserts & puddings
- Health & Safety
The majority of the course will be practical based in the college restaurant & kitchen. There will be theory based classes in addition to practical classes. This is to give guidance on passing exams and assignments. It will also be necessary to complete home study.
How is the course assessed
- Practical assessments which will be completed within your practical lessons
- Written exams and written assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress onto a commis chef, production chef or Chef de Partie apprenticeship depending on overall grade.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.