With a growing number of parents working or in education, the demand for high-quality childcare continues to increase. Learn the theory and achieve the practical experience you need to become a childcare professional or teacher in this rewarding sector.
What’s it like in Childcare?
- Gain the skills, help and advice you need to achieve high standards, through teaching by staff that are highly experienced in the sector. You could earn recognition at the annual childcare awards evening.
- Weekly work placements give you a real insight into the high demands of this vital industry.
- Develop your employability skills further by taking part in interview skills training with local employers and fundraising events.
- Former students have gone on to get good jobs in local nurseries, schools and day care settings and many others have progressed onto university, at places such as Brunel University London, University of Roehampton and University of Hull, to complete a range of degree programmes from Primary Education to Social Work and Psychology.
- Links with external agencies can help you to find temporary work while you learn, providing you with a better opportunity to enhance your skills.
"I came to the college because they offered more freedom than a sixth form could and I would meet new people. The facilities at the college are exceptional. There are plenty of computers in the LRC and the refectory offers lots of space to work, chill with friends and eat. The student support staff have been very helpful and assisted me when I have needed help. Uxbridge College is a lovely place to study"