NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
4 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 3) including English and maths, you will be able to resit.
Who is the course for
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years. Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators. This is a one year course that gives licence to practice in the workplace.
The course incorporates a range of assessment methods including a longitudinal study, internal and external assessments as well as competence in a real work environment.
Course themes include:
- Health and wellbeing
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development.
Placements are required for achievement of this qualification and should be undertaken in at least two different settings.
Learners must achieve:
- 23 mandatory units
- 486 guided learning hours.
How is the course assessed
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete longitudinal study
- Show competence in a real work 0environment.
Where next - Further Studies
NCFE / CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England) (QCF), or other higher level early years qualifications.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Assistant in children’s centres, practitioner in day nurseries/nursery schools/ reception classes in primary schools or pre-school worker.
Last updated: 14 December 2017
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.