Hayes Campus: Course Starting Tue 03 September 2019

Starts: 03/09/2019

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Hayes Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

Who is the course for

This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.

Course Content

14 Mandatory Units to be completed by use of both skills and knowledge.

Study Methods

All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. Knowledge based outcomes can be assessed using non–mandatory assessment tasks provided for tutors’ convenience in this specification. Skills based outcomes must be achieved with reference to a real work environment and must include direct observation within the workplace.

How is the course assessed

To gain this qualification, learners must achieve a total of 37 credits from all 14 mandatory units.

Where next - Further Studies

This qualification allows progression on to the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications and other relevant Level 3 qualifications relating to early years and child care.

Where next - Job Opportunities

This qualification allows a learner to count towards the Level 2 ratio as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner across the Early Years Workforce. Learners may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as:

• nursery practitioner

• classroom assistant

• pre-school practitioner.

More Information

The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.

Last updated 17 April 2019

How to Apply

To apply for a course choose one of these methods:

• Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
  • Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.

When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.

Hayes Campus: Course Starting Tue 03 September 2019

Starts: 03/09/2019

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Hayes Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

case study image

JAVERIA

I joined Uxbridge College because my friends recommended it to me. I like the spacious environment and find the teachers very supportive. The classrooms and facilities are always clean and resources for our course, like Chromebooks, are always available. The best thing I enjoy at college is the freedom and support that students are given here. If you come here you will have made a good choice and you’ll love it!