BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in IT
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification preferably with a distinction.
Who is the course for
This course has been designed for young people who are planning a career in IT or those already employed in the industry seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills.
Yr 1 course = 90 credits Yr 2 course = additional 90 credits (total 180 credits)
Topics covered include:
- Information Technology systems
- Using social media in business
- cyber security and incedent management
- Website development
- mobile apps development
- and Data modelling, among others.
This course is classroom taught and you will have opportunities to develop your creative skills through instructor led workshops.
How is the course assessed
This course is assessed through a combination of assignments and projects designed to give you hands-on experience of basic game development. It is 100% coursework based.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in IT. After completing the Extended Diploma progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This course is nationally recognised within industry and commerce. Successful candidates can expect to find employment opportunities in software development, business & industrial applications of computers and user support.
Last updated: 31 October 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.