C&G Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems Support and Principles (7540-13)
4 GCSEs grade D (grade 3) or above, or C&G Level 2 with very good attendance and punctuality with English and maths at Level 1.
Students with other relevant qualifications and appropriate industry experience will be considered.
Who is the course for
This course is for students who want to pursue a career in Networking, computer hardware systems and in support role.
Course units include:
- Customer support provision
- Install, configure and integrate networked hardware and software
- ICT system and network management
- Maintain ICT equipment and systems
- ICT repair centre procedure
- Testing ICT systems
- Level 3 networking principles
- IT consulting skills and principles of ICT system and data security.
Learn how to set up a client/server network which includes setting up protocols such as DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
In class delivery of practical and theory with work related scenarios and actual work based assignments. Part of the time is will spent in Practical hardware labs.
How is the course assessed
In class supervised assignments and on line exams
Where next - Further Studies
CompTIA A+, CISCO, Access to Computing or an apprenticeship.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in Network installation and maintenance, IT helpdesk support and IT Technician posts.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.