BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT - Forensic IT
Who is the course for
Students who want a challenge in cracking problems in computing and researching into new ways to spot crime.
First year units nine chosen from:
- Communications and employability
- Computer systems
- Communication technologies
- Organisational systems security
- Information systems
- Procedural programming
- Principles of software design & development
- Website production and management
- Digital Photography
- Forensic informatics unit
- Scientific Practical Techniques
- Chemical Laboratory Techniques AND
- Functional Skills are a further element of the course and will enable learners to improve and achieve higher grades in numeracy, literacy and information technology.
Second year units nine chosen from:
- Systems analysis & design
- Advanced database skills
- IT project
- Mathematics for IT practitioners
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
Systems Support Specialist units:
- IT technical support
- IT systems troubleshooting & repair
- Computer architecture
- Network basics (Cisco CCNA1)
- Routers and routing basics (Cisco CCNA2).
Software Development Specialist units:
- Event driven programming
- Client-side customisation of web pages
- Human computer interaction
- Object orientated programming
- Principles of computer networks
In class theory and practicals in aspects of computing hardware and software programming. Two science units will be undertaken at the science laboratories in the Academy.
How is the course assessed
In class supervised assignments and practicals
Where next - Further Studies
BSc degree programs in university including Forensic computing.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in wide range of modern computing and photographic careers.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.