BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in IT - Cybercrime & Security
5 GCSEs grades A*-C including English, maths and a scientific subject or a relevant Level 2 qualification.
Who is the course for
Students who want a challenge in cracking problems in computing and researching into new ways to spot crime.
Yr 1 course = 90 credits Yr 2 course = additional 90 credits (total 180 credits)
Course units include:
- Ethical hacking
- Data recovery
- Forensic informatics
- Network security
- Organisational systems security
- Database design
- Data analysis and design
- IT systems troubleshooting
- Criminal investigation procedure/practice.
In class theory and practicals in aspects of computing hardware and software programming. Two science units will be undertaken at the science laboratories in the Academy.
How is the course assessed
In class supervised assignments and practicals
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in IT-Cybercrime and Security. After completing the Extended Diploma progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in wide range of modern computing and photographic careers.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.