BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in IT - Cybercrime & Security
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification preferably with a distinction.
Who is the course for
Explore the fascinating fields of cybercrime and information security side-by-side.
- Ethical hacking
- Data recovery
- Forensic informatics
- Network security
- Organisational systems security
- Database design
- Data analysis and design
- IT systems troubleshooting
- Criminal investigation procedure/practice.
In class theory and practicals in aspects of computing hardware and software programming. Two science units will be undertaken at the science laboratories in the Academy.
How is the course assessed
In class supervised assignments and practicals
Where next - Further Studies
The qualification fully meets the requirements for progression to a wide range of programmes in IT and related areas. These include HNC or HND in Computing, BSc in Cyber Security, BSc in Digital Technology Solutions, BSc in Computing Forensics, BSc in Computer Networks and Security.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Successful candidates can expect to find employment opportunities as a security administrator (infrastructure, data and applications), network security architect, network security engineer or network security specialist.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.