BTEC Level 3 Foundation/Extended Diploma in Computing Cyber Security
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above.
Who is the course for
This course has been designed for young people who are planning a career in IT as cyber security or managing networks.
Course units include:
- Fundamentals of computer systems
- Principles of computer science
- Human-Computer Interaction
- IT systems security & encryption
- Business applications of social media
- Systems analysis and design
- Mobile apps development
- Computer Networking
- Object oriented programming The course covers a wide range of practical skills that are needed for application development, with a focus on networking and cyber system security.
This course is classroom taught, with a range of lectures, group work, presentations and workshops and a focus on projects in the second year.
How is the course assessed
Assessment is through a series of assignments including exams, written assignments, group work, product creation and presentations.
Where next - Further Studies
The qualification fully meets the requirements for progression to a wide range of programmes in IT and related areas. These include HNC or HND in Computing, BSc in Cyber Security, BSc in Digital Technology Solutions, BSc in Computing Forensics, BSc in Computer Networks and Security.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Successful candidates can expect to find employment opportunities as a security administrator (infrastructure, data and applications), network security architect, network security engineer or network security specialist.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.