T LEVEL: Digital sector: Digital production, design and development T Level
Who is the course for
This course is ideal if you if you want to start a career in software and digital design as, for example, a programmer, web designer, IT business analyst, systems designer, software development technician or digital marketer. It is designed for post-16 students and is an ideal qualification if you are intending to progress directly to employment within the digital industry, to a digital apprenticeship or to further studies.
The content is split into a core component that is common to all Digital T Levels, and occupational specialism content that is specific to this T Level in Digital Production, Design and Development. The core component provides a broad understanding of the digital industry and covers the following digital-related topics:
- Business Context
- Digital Analysis
- Digital Environments
- Diversity and Inclusion
The content of the occupational specialism will cover the following topics:
- analysing a problem to define requirements and acceptance criteria aligned * designing, implementing and testing software
- changing, maintaining and supporting software
- creating solutions in a social and collaborative environment
- discovering, evaluating and applying reliable sources of knowledge
- applying ethical principles and managing risks in line with legal and regulatory requirements when developing software.
T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum 45-day industry placement with an employer to make sure you have real experience of the workplace.
How is the course assessed
The core component will be assessed through a project set by employers in the industry and two externally-set tests. The occupational specialism content will allow you to develop the relevant skills in preparation for your career in the digital industry. The occupational specialism is assessed through a project that is created in conjunction with relevant employers.
Where next - Further Studies
This qualification is supported by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education, and has been developed in collaboration with a number of employers. Achieving this qualification will give you an advantage when progressing to further study.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Achieving this qualification will give you an advantage when applying for a job in software production and design in the digital industry
Last Updated: 06 April 2020
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.