Please note: as we are an education setting, in line with government guidance, the college is open as usual.
Any change to this will be advised.

Covid Measures on Campus - click here to find out more

Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Wed 01 September 2021

Starts: 01/09/2021

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Uxbridge Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

Entry Requirements

4 GCSEs grade 3 (grade D) or above preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 1 qualification.

Who is the course for

This qualification is ideal for learners who are interested in improving their employability skills while learning about working within the field of IT. This qualification can further develop your skills and knowledge of IT and boost your career prospects.

Course Content

This qualification covers content such as software development, computer networking and computer security. It provides a foundation for core technical knowledge that will be useful for progressing onto a Digital T-Level 3 and also provides a work experience placement within industry.

Study Methods

This qualification will take 1 academic year to complete. To gain this qualification, learners must complete 7 units, including Software Development, Computer Networking, Computational Thinking and Computer Security in Practice. You must also complete your work placement where you will be working in IT and show progression in your study skills and English and Maths.

How is the course assessed

This course is assessed through a combination of exams and assignments designed to give you hands-on experience of basic software development. There will be two exams.

Upon Completion you will gain the BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Information & Creative Technology (Cyber/Software Development), with an additional IT & Digital T-level Transition Programme HCUC Certificate. You will also have the chance to resist your English and Maths GCSE.

Where next - Further Studies

This qualification can directly prepare you for the follow courses in level 3:

• T-Level in Digital sector: Digital production (Includes long term work placements)
  • BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computing – Cyber-Security
  • BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computing – Software Development

Where next - Job Opportunities

You can gain employment in networking, Systems security, software developer or IT support.

More Information

Learners will need to be volunteering or on practical placement to show competence in both knowledge and skills. This will be arranged by the College and does not need to be arranged prior to application.

How to Apply

To apply for a course choose one of these methods:

• Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
  • Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.

When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.

Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Wed 01 September 2021

Starts: 01/09/2021

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Uxbridge Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

Courses

case study image

NAFISA

I love that my course involves a lot of practical work to develop my skills for university and future career preparation. The teachers are very helpful and provide quality teaching and the Student Support and Careers Team have been very helpful in dealing with student concerns and problems. I am thoroughly enjoying and satisfied with my course and I would really recommend Uxbridge College to start your future.