Construction, Building Services/Plumbing
Develop your practical skills in our dedicated plumbing and electrical installation workshops, all featuring the latest equipment. Combine this with theory lessons using industry-standard training materials.
What's it like in Building Services & Plumbing?
- Develop your practical skills in our dedicated plumbing and electrical installation workshops, all featuring the latest equipment. Combine this with theory lessons using industry standard training materials.
- Learn from experienced staff who share their knowledge and expertise of working in the plumbing, electrical installation and building services industries
- Benefit from industry links with major companies including Balfour Beatty Construction, Beard Construction, Kier Construction, Bristan, JTL, Arri Lighting, Mira and Stuart Turner.
- Learn about advances in renewables ensuring you are kept up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Learn about the latest techniques with visits from industry experts and take part in national trade competitions to showcase your skills.
- Progress onto higher level courses, Apprenticeships or employment in the construction industry.
All my lecturers have a great understanding of the course and that reflects in their teaching – they have a passion for the subject. They also all have industry experience so they can give us inside information on what it’s really like to work in the trade.
The facilities are amazing and we have everything we need to complete our practical assignments. If you want to study in a safe and welcoming environment then Uxbridge College is the place for you.
Building Management Systems (BMS) Courses
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we are working with Innotech Controls Ltd, a BMS/HVAC specialist, to deliver these industry controls course. There is also a increasing requirement for facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future. The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in the real world.
Specialist Home Automation Courses
The college has teamed up with Domotics UK Ltd – a specialist integrated controls and automation consultancy to address the serious skills shortages in the building sector. The requirement for sustainability through integrated controls will become a mandatory requirement for all new builds and will form part of the 2016 Building Regulations. The college offer consists of a short CPD course which highlights what is possible though home automation; and a more detailed course which covers the design and implementation of these systems.
We are pleased to be working with Belimo who have kindly donated their actuators for the BMS training course.
We are proud to have been awarded the MCA quality mark.