Construction, Building Services/Plumbing
Increase your employability within the construction industry by gaining the skills and knowledge for specific skilled careers.
- Acquire trade skills with hands-on, practical training in our industry-standard, in-house workshops.
- Learn from our industry experienced tutors who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to you, from the field.
- Enhance your knowledge with assignments, visits and work experience with construction businesses locally and in London.
- Make the most of our excellent industry links with companies including Balfour Beatty Construction, Beard Construction, Kier Construction, Bristan, JTL, Arri Lighting & Mira.
You maybe interested in:
- Virtual Open Day recording of the Building Services, Plumbing & Electrical Installation session for courses in September 2021
- Uxbridge College Electrical Installation courses
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers have produced the CIBSE Careers Guide for GCSE or equivalent students: explores what it is like to work in the building services industry, the benefits of working within the sector and how to develop a career as a building services engineer.
Building Management Systems (BMS) Courses
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we are working with Innotech Controls Ltd, a BMS/HVAC specialist, to deliver these industry controls course. There is also a increasing requirement for facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future. The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in the real world.
Specialist Home Automation Courses
The college has teamed up with Domotics UK Ltd – a specialist integrated controls and automation consultancy to address the serious skills shortages in the building sector. The requirement for sustainability through integrated controls will become a mandatory requirement for all new builds and will form part of the 2016 Building Regulations. The college offer consists of a short CPD course which highlights what is possible though home automation; and a more detailed course which covers the design and implementation of these systems.
We are pleased to be working with Belimo who have kindly donated their actuators for the BMS training course.
We are proud to have been awarded the MCA quality mark.
Higher Technical Education
West London Institute of Technology (WLIoT) based at Uxbridge College was introduced by the Government to tackle the skills gaps in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) sector. WLIoT works alongside anchor partners (Brunel University London, Fujitsu, Heathrow Airport, West London Business) in designing courses that provide students with the skills needed in industry.
WLIoT offers Level 4 (HNC) and Level 5 (HND) construction courses, which are designed to prepare you for the next step in your career, providing you with the confidence, knowledge and skills to succeed.
There are many reasons why you should choose to study HNC/HND construction at WLIoT - Benefits of studying at WLIoT.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.