BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering)
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths and science or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above. You will have a College interview and if necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This qualification is for people thinking about a career in building services engineering. It gives learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. This qualification also provides career development opportunities for those already in work, and through articulation to higher education, degree and professional development programmes.
The 60 credit BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and a deeper specialist work-related focus.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in CBE
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in CBE
- Science and Materials in CBE
- Construction Technology and design in Construction Civil Engineering
- Surveying in Construction Civil Engineering
- Building Services Control Systems
- Building Services Science
- Electrical Installation Standards and Components in BSE
Lectures, practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects, assignments and site visits.
How is the course assessed
You'll be assessed on the knowledge you gain, by assignments and written exams.
Where next - Further Studies
Higher education or a professional development programme.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment in a specialist area within building services engineering.
Last updated: 31 October 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.