EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (Part-Time)
A good level of English and maths is required.
Who is the course for
This course is the first step for candidates wishing to pursue a career as an electrician and for those working in the sector to progress their careers. The course covers the basic theory and practical skills required for electrical installation work.
- Health and safety in building services
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installation technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc.
Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required
Candidates will also require the book.
Electrical Installation Work: Level 2 : EAL Edition (ISBN NO 978 113 891 7149) publisher Taylor & Francis Group 2015 approx £25
How is the course assessed
Online multiple choice examinations, practical assignment and written paper.
- There are a number of assessments that need to be completed throughout this course and these need to be completed and handed in by the deadline dates that will be provided to you by the tutor. Failure to submit by these dates will result in the failure of the unit and consequently the course.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 3 in Electrical Installation.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Candidates will not be recognised by the electrical sector until they complete the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation. This along with the 17th Edition is required to work at electricians mate level.
Attendance is 2 evenings per week (18:00 to 21:00) and one Saturday a month (09:00 to 16:00)
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.