EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation
4 GCSEs grade 3 (grade D) or above preferably including both English & maths and science or a relevant Level 1 qualification and a minimum Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths. You will have a College interview and if necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This course is for those who are intending to work in the electrical contracting industry or for those working in an associated industry i.e. film, TV, lighting, maintenance etc who require the underpinning knowledge to progress their careers.
Core units include:
- Health and safety in building services
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installation technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
Lecture, practical workshops, tutorials, private study periods, projects and assignments.
How is the course assessed
Online multiple choice examinations, practical assignment, and written paper.
Where next - Further Studies
EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation or an advanced apprenticeship.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Electricians mate, domestic electrical installer, handyman etc.
Last updated: 31 October 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.