EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation - PT Evening
Candidates will need to have GCSEs in maths and English grades A – D or equivalent Level 2 vocational qualification with a maths bias – these qualifications must be stated when the candidate makes their online application as this will form the basis of the shortlisting process. In addition all candidates will undergo a short entry exam to ensure that they at the right level to progress with this course. Please note that candidates will also need to provide proof of their qualifications prior to being offered a place on this course. Those who are unable to provide evidence of their qualifications will be placed on a waiting list and will be invited in for interview should there be any places still available after all interviews for eligible candidates have taken place, which is likely to be by end August 2019.
Who is the course for
- Health and safety in building services
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installation technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions. Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc. Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required.
Candidates will also require the following books:
- Linsley, Trevor, Electrical Installation Work: Level 2: EAL Edition, 978-0-367-19561-8, approx £25
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785614422 (£25 approx).
How is the course assessed
4 x online multiple choice examinations, a number of practical and written assignments need to be completed throughout this course. All assessments must be completed and handed in by the deadline dates that will be provided to you by the tutor. Candidates will receive:
- one free resit for all online exams – all future exams will be charged at £50 each.
- one free resubmission for all written assignments – all future resubmissions will be charged at £50 each.
If a candidate does not attend or fails any of their scheduled practical assessments these will need to be rescheduled and charged at a cost of £100 each.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 3 in Electrical Installation.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Candidates will not be recognised by the electrical sector until they complete the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation.
Attendance is 2 evenings per week (18:00 to 21:00) and one Saturday a month (09:00 to 16:00) Candidates are expected to have an attendance of no less than 85%. If your attendance falls below this level you will be at serious risk of failing the course. If this poor attendance persists without good cause you may be withdrawn from the course.
- This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance.
- Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
- There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
- In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, which ends on Monday 29 June 2020 – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this date. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course - these will be considered on a case by case basis.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available.
Last updated 23 August 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.