EAL 1605 NVQ in Electrical Installation Bridging - excl. AM2 (standard route)
Candidates will have successfully completed the EAL Level 2 (or C&G2365 level 2) & EAL 3 Diploma.
Who is the course for
This is a bridging course for candidates who have already achieved the EAL Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation and now wish to progress onto the full EAL 1605 NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation. This is required for registration as an electrician/approved contractor through JIB, NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa etc.
If not already achieved; undertake EAL Unit: QELTK3/003 Understanding the practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical installation). If candidates require this unit, then the college will provide the resources on a distance learning basis to prepare for the on-line exam.
Candidates will then be assigned an assessor, who will support them in building their site based portfolio and will assess them on site 2-3 times to fulfil the evidence requirement for all QCF Performance units:
- QELTP3/001: Applying health and safety legislation and working practices (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment) - expanded assessment.
- QELTP3/002: Applying environmental legislation, working practices and the
- QELTP3/003: Overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical
- QELTP3/004: Planning, preparing and installing wiring systems and associated
- QELTP3/005: Terminating and connecting conductors, cables and flexible cords in
- QELTP3/006: Inspecting, testing, commissioning and certifying electrotechnical
- QELTP3/007: Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Fully qualified electrician.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions available.
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year.
Successfully completed skill scan that will assess a candidates site based experience and range of electrical installation work currently being carried out.
It would be up to the candidate to book his own AM2 (3 day test) at a local centre during the course and must pass this in order to achieve the full NVQ qualification.
Furthermore, candidates would be expected to have achieved the C&G2382-15 17th Edition Wiring Regulations; C&G2394-01 Initial Verification and Certification, and C&G2395-01 Periodic Inspection, Testing & Certification (or equivalent) qualifications to support the completion of the full NVQ Diploma.
Candidates will be given a maximum of 12 months to complete the NVQ qualification from their enrolment date.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.