C&G 2382-15 17th Edition Wiring Regulations 15
Electrical Installation related qualifications or experience.
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
This qualification is for practising electricians with relevant experience and other trades professionals needing to update or demonstrate their understanding of the IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations:BS7671:2008 incorporating amendment no. 3:2015
Upon completion of the course the candidate should:
- Implement appropriate protection methods for safety
- Select the most appropriate form of protective device for a given electrical design
- Calculate cable sizes/Assess fault currents
- Understand environmental considerations, special installations or locations which may be part of the electrical design
- Appreciate the tests and testing sequence for completed installation.
Lectures and use of the Regulation Book/Calculations.
Books required by candidate:
IET WIRING REGULATIONS 17th edition (BS7671:2008 incorporating amendment no. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-769-4 £80 approx) to be published January 2015. This book must be unmarked.
IET On-Site guide (BS7671:2008: Incorporating Amendment No. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-887-5 £24 approx) to be published January 2015.
Where next - Further Studies
Depending on experience, candidates normally progress onto C&G 2394 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This is a mandatory requirement in the electrical contracting industry.
Last updated: 5 February 2018
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Tue 17 April 2018
Duration: 10 Week(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Tuesday 18:00 to 21:00
Total College Fee: £379.00