EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation - PT Evening
Who is the course for
This course is for those who have already acquired a Level 2 qualification in electrical installation. If you have recently completed your Level 2 qualification and do not have your certificate yet, you will need to provide confirmation from your college/training provider that you have passed all elements of the course, subject to final external verification. In addition, candidates will need to have GCSEs in maths and English grades A – D or equivalent Level 2 vocational qualification with a maths bias. In addition all candidates will undergo a short entry exam to ensure that they at the right level to progress with this course. Please note that candidates will also need to provide proof of their qualifications prior to being offered a place on this course.
- Electrical installation design
- Environmental technology systems
- Electrical science and principles
- Electrical installation craft
- Inspection, testing, commissioning
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Overseeing and organising the work environment.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions. Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc. Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required. Candidates will also require the books.
- Electrical Installation Work – Level 3 [Author: Peter Roberts] (ISBN: 978-1-138-91717-0) £24 approx
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 ISBN: 978-1-78561-170-4) £80 approx
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 (ISBN: 978-1-78561-442-2) £25 approx -Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing - 8th Edition (ISBN: 978-1-78561-452-1) £25 approx.
How is the course assessed
4 x online multiple choice examinations, a number of practical and written assignments need to be completed throughout this course. All assessments must be completed and handed in by the deadline dates that will be provided to you by the tutor. Candidates will receive:
- one free resit for all online exams – all future exams will be charged at £50 each.
- one free resubmission for all written assignments – all future resubmissions will be charged at £50 each. If a candidate does not attend or fails any of their scheduled practical assessments these will need to be rescheduled and charged at a cost of £100 each.
Where next - Further Studies
C&G2382-18 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, C&G2391-52 Award in Inspection and Testing (need 17th / 18th Edition for this), EAL1605/C&G2357 NVQ Level 3 Diploma top up.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions available. Attendance is 3 evenings per week (18:00 to 21:00). In addition you will be required to attend on at least 2-3 Saturdays (daytime) to carry out certain practical assessments.
This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance. If your attendance falls below this level you will be at serious risk of failing the course. If this poor attendance persists without good cause you may be withdrawn from the course. Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, which ends on Thursday 2nd July 2020 – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this date. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course - these will be considered on a case by case basis.
Last updated: 17 May 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.