EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation - PT Evening
This course is for those who have already acquired a Level 2 qualification in electrical installation. If you have recently completed your Level 2 qualification and do not have your certificate yet, you will need to provide confirmation from your college/training provider that you have passed all elements of the course, subject to final external verification. Candidate may be asked to complete a short written test to access their understanding of their Level 2 electrical installation qualification and in addition a short written test to ensure you have the required level of maths and English.
Who is the course for
- Electrical installation design
- Environmental technology systems
- Electrical science and principles
- Electrical installation craft
- Inspection, testing, commissioning
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Overseeing and organising the work environment.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions. Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc. Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required. Candidates will also require the books.
- Linsley, Trevor, Electrical Installation Work: Level 3: EAL Edition, 978-0-367-19563-2
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 ISBN: 978-1-78561-170-4) £80 approx
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 (ISBN: 978-1-78561-442-2) £25 approx -Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing - 8th Edition (ISBN: 978-1-78561-452-1) £25 approx.
How is the course assessed
4 x online multiple choice examinations, a number of practical and written assignments need to be completed throughout this course. All assessments must be completed and handed in by the deadline dates that will be provided to you by the tutor. Candidates will receive:
- one free resit for all online exams – all future exams will be charged at £50 each.
- one free resubmission for all written assignments – all future resubmissions will be charged at £50 each. If a candidate does not attend or fails any of their scheduled practical assessments these will need to be rescheduled and charged at a cost of £100 each.
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Further Studies
- PAT Testing
- Part P Building Regulations
- Installation and maintenance of Solar Photovoltaic Installations
- Electric Vehicle Charging Installations
- EAL 1605 (NVQ) in Electrical Installation Bridging - excl. AM2 (standard route) - PT Day
- C&G Level 3 Electrical Installation Bridging Course (excl. AM2) (2357-44) - PT Day
- ETS3 NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installations (mature candidate route)
- AM2 Training
Where next - Job Opportunities
Attendance is 3 evenings per week (18:00 to 21:00). In addition you will be required to attend on at least 2-3 Saturdays (daytime), to carry out certain practical assessments. Please note that the number of Saturdays stated depends on the progress of the class – these may be increased or decreased at the tutor’s discretion and there will be no re-numeration should the number of hours for the course is reduced – you are paying for the opportunity to achieve the qualification – not for the number of delivery hours.
This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance. If your attendance falls below this level you will be at serious risk of failing the course. If this poor attendance persists without good cause you may be withdrawn from the course. Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available.
In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, which ends on Thursday 2nd July 2020 – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this date.
Last updated: 07 November 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.