EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation - PT Evening
This course is for those who have already acquired a Level 2 qualification in electrical installation. If you have recently completed your Level 2 qualification and do not have your certificate yet, you will need to provide confirmation from your college/training provider that you have passed all elements of the course, subject to final external verification. Candidate may be asked to complete a short written test to access their understanding of their Level 2 electrical installation qualification and in addition a short written test to ensure you have the required level of maths and English.
Who is the course for
- Electrical installation design
- Environmental technology systems
- Electrical science and principles
- Electrical installation craft
- Inspection, testing, commissioning
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Overseeing and organising the work environment.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions. Theory is delivered through blended learning which may include face to face and some online learning including Google classroom, I-GVS, Zoom and other online learning platforms. The mode of delivery will be governed by the Covid-19 guidelines adopted by the college at that time and may vary throughout the course.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc. Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required. Candidates will also require the books.
- Linsley, Trevor, Electrical Installation Work: Level 3: EAL Edition, 978-0-367-19563-2
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 ISBN: 978-1-78561-170-4) £80 approx
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 (ISBN: 978-1-78561-442-2) £25 approx -Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing - 8th Edition (ISBN: 978-1-78561-452-1) £25 approx.
How is the course assessed
4 x online multiple choice examinations, a number of practical and written assignments need to be completed throughout this course. All assessments must be completed and handed in by the deadline dates that will be provided to you by the tutor. Candidates will receive:
- one free resit for all online exams – all future exams will be charged at £50 each.
- one free resubmission for all written assignments – all future resubmissions will be charged at £50 each. If a candidate does not attend or fails any of their scheduled practical assessments these will need to be rescheduled and charged at a cost of £100 each.
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Further Studies
- PAT Testing
- Part P Building Regulations
- Installation and maintenance of Solar Photovoltaic Installations
- Electric Vehicle Charging Installations
- EAL 1605 (NVQ) in Electrical Installation Bridging - excl. AM2 (standard route) - PT Day
- C&G Level 3 Electrical Installation Bridging Course (excl. AM2) (2357-44) - PT Day
- ETS3 NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installations (mature candidate route)
- AM2 Training
Where next - Job Opportunities
Attendance is 3 evenings per week (18:00 to 21:00). In addition you will be required to attend on at least 2-3 Saturdays (daytime), to carry out certain practical assessments. Please note that the number of Saturdays stated depends on the progress of the class – these may be increased or decreased at the tutor’s discretion and there will be no re-numeration should the number of hours for the course is reduced – you are paying for the opportunity to achieve the qualification – not for the number of delivery hours.
This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance. If your attendance falls below this level you will be at serious risk of failing the course. If this poor attendance persists without good cause you may be withdrawn from the course. Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available. ‘Fee refunds for commercial courses will not be awarded after two weeks before the scheduled start date of the course, unless the course is cancelled by the College.’
Certification is based upon the achievement of the passing the course content and paying the fees in full.
PLEASE NOTE If you have made an application between 11 July and 24 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office from 24 August onwards.
Last updated: 8 July 2020
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.