EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation - PT Evening
Who is the course for
This course is for those who have already acquired a Level 2 qualification in electrical installation and are now looking to gain employment. It is also for those who already work in the industry who require the underpinning knowledge to progress their career. Although the course covers the advanced theory and practical skills required for electrical installation work, candidates will be considered as an electrician’s mate or trainee by the sector at this level. Further training will be required to become fully qualified.
- Electrical installation design
- Environmental technology systems
- Electrical science and principles
- Electrical installation craft
- Inspection, testing, commissioning
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Overseeing and organising the work environment.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc.
Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required
Candidates will also require: A course specific text book, details will be updated once book has been released for purchase. IET WIRING REGULATIONS 17th edition (BS7671:2008 incorporating amendment no. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-769-4 £80 approx) to be published January 2015. This book must be unmarked.
IET On-Site guide (BS7671:2008: Incorporating Amendment No. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-887-5 £24 approx) to be published January 2015.
How is the course assessed
The assessment involves on-screen examinations, practical assessments and theory assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
C&G2382-15 17th Edition Wiring Regulations, EAL1605/C&G2357 NVQ Level 3 Diploma top up, C&G2394-01 Initial Verification, C&G2377-22 Award in Portable Appliance Testing.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions available.
Last updated: 7 March 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.