C&G Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing (2391-52) - PT Evening
Electrical Installation qualifications to Level 3 plus the 17th Edition. Although not essential, it is recommended that candidates do have at least 6 months of site experience before attempting this qualification, as the Periodic Inspection element of the course assumes site based experience.
Who is the course for
This qualification prepares candidates for the initial verification and periodic inspection of electrical installation work. It is aimed at practising electricians who have carried out little or no inspection and testing since qualifying (Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation and the 17th edition).
This course supersedes both the C&G 2394 and C&G 2395 combined and is recognised by the NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa, and the JIB, as a pre-requisite towards registering as an Approved Contractor and Qualified Electrician respectively.
- Understand requirements for inspection and testing
- Understand safety management procedures when undertaking inspection and testing
- Understand the requirements for the inspection of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for testing electrical installations
- Perform inspection and testing of electrical installations.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions. Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required.
Candidates will also require the following books:
- IET WIRING REGULATIONS 17th edition (BS7671:2008 incorporating amendment no. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-769-4 £80 approx) to be published January 2015. This book must be unmarked.
- IET On-Site guide (BS7671:2008: Incorporating Amendment No. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-887-5 £24 approx) to be published January 2015.
- IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 7th Edition, 2015 (ISBN: 978-1-84919-873-8).
How is the course assessed
Unit 2391-052: 2 hour 60 question open book multiple choice exam following the end of the course (within 1 week).
Unit 2391-502: (4 hr Practical Assessment session) on one Saturday following the end of the course (within 2 week), which will include:
- A 2.5 Hour practical test, including visual photographs, to carry out full Initial verification on given circuits and periodic test on remaining circuits
- Classification of two introduced faults (test rig)
- Written, 4-item, question paper to be completed during the practical assessment session (additional to the 2.5 hours).
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various jobs in the electrical sector.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person – come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.