C&G Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing (2391-52) - PT Evening
Electrical Installation qualifications to Level 3 plus the 17th Edition. Although not essential, it is recommended that candidates do have at least 6 months of site experience before attempting this qualification, as the Periodic Inspection element of the course assumes site based experience.
Who is the course for
This qualification prepares candidates for the initial verification and periodic inspection of electrical installation work. It is aimed at practising electricians who have carried out little or no inspection and testing since qualifying (Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation and the 17th edition).
This course supersedes both the C&G 2394 and C&G 2395 combined and is recognised by the NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa, and the JIB, as a pre-requisite towards registering as an Approved Contractor and Qualified Electrician respectively.
- Understand requirements for inspection and testing
- Understand safety management procedures when undertaking inspection and testing
- Understand the requirements for the inspection of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for testing electrical installations
- Perform inspection and testing of electrical installations.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions. Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required.
There are two courses starting on each of the courses scheduled for September 2018 and February 2019 respectively. Candidates on these courses will share the same theory sessions on a Monday evening but will then be split so that there are no more than 8 candidates in each Saturday practical session”. Candidates will have 9 theory sessions (Mon 18:00 – 21:00) and 4 practical sessions (Sat 09:00 – 16:00).
Books to be provided by the candidate:
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 ISBN: 978-1-78561-170-4 £80 approx
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 ISBN: 978-1-78561-442-2 £25 approx
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing (8th Edition) ISBN: 978-1-78561-452-1 £25 approx.
How is the course assessed
Unit 2391-052: 2 hour 60 question open book multiple choice exam during the course.
Written, 4-item, open book question paper to be completed during the course.
Unit 2391-502: (4 hr Practical Assessment session) on one Saturday following the end of the course (within 4 weeks), which will include:
- A 2.5 Hour practical test, including visual photographs, to carry out full Initial verification on given circuits and periodic test on remaining circuits
- Classification of two introduced faults (test rig).
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various jobs in the electrical sector.
- This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance.
- Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
- There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
- In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, which ends on Thursday 11th July 2019 – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this date. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course - these will be considered on a case by case basis.
Last updated 23 August 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.