EAL 1605 (NVQ) in Electrical Installation Bridging - excl. AM2 (standard route) - PT Day
Candidates will have successfully completed the EAL Level 2 (or C&G2365 level 2) & EAL 3 Diploma.
Who is the course for
This is a bridging course for candidates who have already achieved the EAL Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation and now wish to progress onto the full EAL 1605 NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation. This is required for registration as an electrician/approved contractor through JIB, NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa etc.
If not already achieved; undertake EAL Unit: QELTK3/003 Understanding the practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical installation). If candidates require this unit, then the college will provide the resources on a distance learning basis to prepare for the on-line exam. AND Candidates will then be assigned an assessor, who will support them in building their site based portfolio and will assess them on site 2-3 times to fulfil the evidence requirement for all QCF Performance units:
- QELTP3/001 Applying health and safety legislation and working practices (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment) - R/602/2596
- QELTP3/002 Applying environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems - H/602/2599
- QELTP3/003 Overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical installation) - K/602/2605
- QELTP3/005 Terminating and connecting conductors and cables in electrical systems - H/602/2828
- QELTP3/006 Inspecting, testing, commissioning and certifying electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment - K/602/2703
- QELTP3/007 Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment -M/602/2704
- QELTP3/009a Plan and prepare to maintain electrotechnical systems and equipment - L/602/2709
- QEOC3/001 Electrotechnical Occupational Competence - R/602/2503 (This is also known as the AM2 and is Not Provided)
Assessment and portfolio building
How is the course assessed
Site based assessment on a range of electrical installation work and portfolio building
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Further Studies
- C&G Level 3 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (2382-18)
- C&G2391-52 Award in Inspection and Testing
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
- PAT Testing
- Part P Building Regulations
- Installation and maintenance of Solar Photovoltaic Installations
- Electric Vehicle Charging Installations
- AM2 Training
Where next - Job Opportunities
Fully qualified electrician.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions available. This course has flexible start dates throughout the year. Successfully completed skill scan that will assess a candidates site based experience and range of electrical installation work currently being carried out. It would be up to the candidate to book his own AM2 (3 day test) at a local centre during the course and must pass this in order to achieve the full NVQ qualification. Candidates will be given a maximum of 12 months to complete the NVQ qualification from their enrolment date.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available.
Last updated: 23 August 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.