C&G Level 3 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (2382-18) - PT Evening
Who is the course for
This qualification is for practising electricians with relevant experience and other trades professionals needing to update or demonstrate their understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations: BS7671:2018
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS7671.
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations 6
- Understand requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations 15
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations 14
- Understand the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
- Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.
Lectures and use of the Regulation Book/Calculations. Books required by candidate:
- IET 18th Edition WIRING REGULATIONS BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785611704 (£80 approx) and
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785614422 (£25 approx) The assessment for this course will be a 60 question, 120 minute on-line multiple choice exam (open book).
Where next - Further Studies
Depending on experience, candidates normally progress onto the C&G2391-52 Award in Inspection and Testing course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This is a mandatory requirement in the electrical contracting industry.
- This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance.
- Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
- There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
- In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, which ends on Thursday 11th July 2019 – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this date. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course - these will be considered on a case by case basis.
Once you have clicked the Enrol Now button and completed and submitted your online application, Sanjay Suri, Commercial Manager will be in touch to discuss your application further.
PLEASE NOTE If you submit an application between 26 July and 23 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office on 23 August. Many thanks.
Last updated 11 July 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.