Engineers have been in demand because of major skills shortages – prepare for your career in this vast sector. Learn the engineering basics and take your study through higher education qualifications. Choose to specialise in mechanical or electrical/electronic or electro-mechanical engineering.
- Develop practical and theoretical skills to start an interesting and rewarding career in engineering. You will benefit from visiting employers & speakers from industry.
- Enjoy a variety of teaching and learning methods, interesting and challenging assignments and projects. You will be encouraged to use abstract and research work to make sure your work includes the latest engineering concepts.
- Links with major engineering companies including Ultra Electronics Controls, Hale Hamilton (Valves) Ltd, Keysight Technologies, TfL, John Guest Ltd, Martin Baker Aircraft Co Ltd, Constellium and PB Control Systems.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at TfL, British Airways, Ultra Electronics Controls, British Telecom, Bank of America (Software Development), Jaguar Land Rover, True Form Engineering, Thames Water, Schindler, J K Engineering and National Rail among others.
- Study in modern and specialist laboratories with soldering irons, test equipment such as multi meters, power supplies, digital storage oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyser, logic analysers, logic probes, PIC, PLC, industrial robot, process control and PCB
manufacturing to build and test circuits.
- Use a variety of software packages such as Multisim, Autograph, Automation Studio, robotics simulation, LabView, Matlab and PLC simulation.
- Study in modern workshops with various tools, devices, machines and equipment for manufacturing such as pedestal and pillar drills, lathes, milling machines, CNC, band saws, metal cutting, pelton wheel, vacuum forming, TIG welding, wind tunnel, gas turbine engine,
grinding, materials testing such as tensile and compression testing, impact testing, viscosity testing, extensometer, 3D printing.
- Use a variety of software packages for CAD/CAM such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Autograph, Automation Studio, Solid Works, Matlab, PLC simulation and robotics simulation.
Interested in a career as a plumber? Our courses are taught in brand new facilities providing the essential skills and knowledge you need to get qualified. Click here for more information.
Check out our Virtual Open Day recording for Engineering & other subjects here.
Higher Education at Uxbridge College
If you want to move up in your career or are looking for a cost effective route to university, have a look at our Higher Education (HE) qualifications. These high-quality courses are equivalent to one or two years at university and cost a good deal less than full-time degree study. They are also highly valued by employers.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.