BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone working for an engineering company who would like to acquire an industry-standard qualification in recognition of their status, or those who would like to progress within the industry. The course is also for those who are currently seeking employment at technician/engineer level in the electro-mechanical environment.
Course units include:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Communication for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications.
- Engineering design
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Principles and applications of fluid mechanics
- Engineering drawing for technicians
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Engineering primary forming processes.
A balance of lecturer, laboratory/practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects and assignment work.
How is the course assessed
All the units are assessed by course assignments which meet BTEC grading criteria for Pass, Merit and Distinction.
Where next - Further Studies
HNC/D in Mechanical Engineering at Uxbridge College.
Where next - Job Opportunities
- First year course dates: Monday 12 September 2016 to Monday 3 July 2017 (35 weeks)
- The price quoted in this factsheet is for the first year of the course only. A similar amount will be payable in each of the 2nd and 3rd years of the course.
Last updated: 18 August 2016
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.
- Enquire here for future course dates
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 11 September 2017
Duration: 105 Week(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday 09:00 to 17:00