BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Who is the course for
This course is for students who are currently seeking employment at technician engineer level in the electrical, electronics or computer environment.
You will study five mandatory units and 12 specialist units (accumulating 180 credits) all of which must be passed to obtain the qualification.
Five mandatory units include:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Mathematics for technicians
- Communications for technicians
- Engineering project
- Electrical and electronic principles.
Specialist units include:
- Business operations in engineering
- Engineering design
- Principles and applications of electronic devices and circuits
- Electrical technology
- Principles and applications of analogue electronics
- Construction and application of digital systems
- Microprocessor systems and applications
- Electronic fault-finding
- Features and applications of electrical machines
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Further mathematics for engineering technicians
- Further electrical principles.
A balance of lecturer, laboratory/practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects and assignment work.
How is the course assessed
All the units are assessed by course assignments which meet BTEC grading criteria for Pass, Merit and Distinction.
Where next - Further Studies
Students can progress onto the Level 5 HND Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering at Uxbridge College or study Electronic/Electric Engineering at university,
Where next - Job Opportunities
Positions in the electronics, power, control and computer related areas such as:
- electronics design and development, commissioning, installation, maintenance and fault-diagnosis
- computer systems, trouble-shooting
- project planning, technical services/sales and aeronautics.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.