EAL Level 1 Certificate in Performing Engineering Operations with BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Engineering (Electromechanical)
Strong interest in engineering, a commitment to working hard plus a good school report commenting on attendance, punctuality, behaviour and commitment.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is aimed at young people who are interested in electrical and mechanical engineering.
You can gain two qualifications on this course.
1. EAL Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Performing Engineering Operations (QCF)
Course units include:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Making components using hand tools and fitting techniques
- Assembling electronic circuits.
2. BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Engineering (QCF)
Course units include:
- Working safely in engineering
- Developing skills in making engineering components using hand tools
- Developing skills in using a bench/pedestal drilling machine
- Developing skills in electronic assembly.
A good basic understanding of engineering and its importance in society and business is required. Engineering is taught through relevance based on theory and substantial amount of practical work to develop hands on skills.
How is the course assessed
This qualification is internally assessed but externally verified. The course will be assessed through practical work, assignments and other activities throughout the year.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Engineering.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students can seek employment in an engineering environment.
Last updated: 12 October 2017.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00