AutoCAD 2D 2018
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
Computer aided drafting (CAD) is fast becoming the primary means of communicating design information in many industry sectors, particularly in engineering and manufacturing. This course is intended to provide an opportunity for learners to become familiar with using this industry-standard application and develop operational skills to create 2D drawings to the correct standards.
Understanding how to use CAD software
Understanding drawing standards i.e. first and, third angle and isometric projections
Creating and managing 2D drawings:
- Preparing a template e.g. border, title block, logo etc.
- Using the set up commands e.g.. grip, snap, grid, layer etc
- Using drawing commands e.g. coordinate entry, line, arc, circle, text, dimension etc
- Using editing commands e.g. copy, move, and erase, rotate, trim, extend etc.
- Storing and presenting drawings.
- Drawing of different mechanical components and house planning activities
The AutoCAD Workspace
- The 2D Interface
- The Ribbon & panels
- Navigating the document
- Drawing & Modifying Tools
- Setting Units & Limits
- Model & Paper spaces
Creating a Drawing
- Drawing using Coordinates
- Drawing using the Tools
- Using Keyboard Shortcuts
- Using Dynamic Input
- Selecting objects
- Modifying objects
- Creating Elevations
- Moving & Copying objects
- Mirroring objects
- Creating Layers
- Fillet Command
- Break command
- Fillet command
- Chamfer command
- Scaling in Paper Space
- Creating Templates
- User Coordinate System
- Adding Dimensions
- Adding & Modifying Text
- Adding Multi-leaders
- Creating Text Styles
Working with Polylines
- Creating Polylines
- Editing Polylines
- Converting Lines to Polylines
- Adding Hatching.
Lectures, demonstrations and practical activities
How is the course assessed
No formal assessment but there will be an ongoing informal assessment
Where next - Further Studies
Auto Cad 2018 3D or other formal 3D modelling training.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Once you have clicked the Enrol Now button and completed and submitted your online application, Sanjay Suri, Commercial Manager will be in touch to discuss your application further.
PLEASE NOTE If you submit an application between 26 July and 23 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office on 23 August. Many thanks.
Last updated 9 July 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.