EAL Level 1 Diploma in Engineering Technologies
GCSE grade 2 (grade E) or above including English, maths and science. We will also need a good school report or academic reference.
Who is the course for
If you enjoy building and testing circuits and want to make products in mechanical engineering workshops, this course is for you.
The course comprises of one mandatory unit and eight specialist units.
- Unit 1: Introduction to Working in Engineering (mandatory unit)
- Unit 2: Introduction to Machining Engineering Materials
- Unit 3: Introduction to Cutting, Forming and Assembling Engineering Materials
- Unit 5: Introduction to Electronics
- Unit 6: Introduction to Electrical Installation
- Unit 13: Introduction to Basic Maths and Science used in Engineering
- Unit 15: Introduction to Computer Aided Drawing (CAD)
- Unit 16: Introduction to Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Unit 26: Introduction to Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)
Text reading, lectures, taking notes in class and practicals.
How is the course assessed
Unit 1 (mandatory unit) is assessed by an online external exam. All other units are assessed by knowledge and practical tests marked by lecturers.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Engineering
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in the electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering environment or apprenticeship.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.