Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Tue 01 September 2020

Starts: 01/09/2020

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Uxbridge Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

Entry Requirements

GCSE grade 2 (grade E) or above including English, maths and science. We will also need a good school report or academic reference.

Who is the course for

If you enjoy building and testing circuits and want to make products in mechanical engineering workshops, this course is for you.

Course Content

Learn about health and safety, using and communicating technical information, use of various hand tools, drill machines and use of soldering irons to build electronic circuits. You will also gain knowledge of basic engineering theory in electromechanical engineering. You will have a chance to learn about electrical installation, wiring, simple circuits and more.

How is the course assessed

You will be assessed on theory and practical work.

Where next - Further Studies

BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Engineering

Where next - Job Opportunities

Employment in the electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering environment.

How to Apply

To apply for a course choose one of these methods:

• Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
  • Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.

When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.

Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Tue 01 September 2020

Starts: 01/09/2020

Duration: 1 Year(s)

Where: Uxbridge Campus

When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00

Courses

case study image

RACHEL

I study Level 3 Mechanical Engineering at Uxbridge College. There is a sense of discipline in the college and that makes the environment better for learning. My teachers here are absolutely supportive, approachable and nurturing and are always encouraging us. We have fully equipped workshops with the latest machinery and supportive technicians, who are always ready to help. I like events such as ‘Women in STEM’, they keep me motivated. I would definitely recommend Uxbridge College because I feel it has everything it takes to build a successful future.