Introduction to CNC Machining
An understanding of manual machining would be desirable but not essential.
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
This is an introductory practical course suitable for anyone currently working in, or wishing to enter into an engineering environment which uses this technology now or is looking to use it in the future. Candidates will be introduced to the principles and use of computer numerical control (CNC) to regulate the operation of machines which cut metal and other types of material using CNC mills and lathes.
- Health & safety considerations
- Using simulation software to prove the design of a component
- Understand the principles of computer numerical control (CNC) machines and how these compare to traditional manual machines
- Setting up the machine and configuring offsets and automatic tool changes
- Understand how to interpret a component specifications and produce operational plans for manufacture
- Understand how to produce part programs and manufacture components using CNC mills and lathes
Lectures, practicals and demonstrations Theory is delivered through blended learning which may include face to face and some online learning including Google classroom, I-GVS, Zoom and other online learning platforms. The mode of delivery will be governed by the Covid-19 guidelines adopted by the college at that time and may vary throughout the course.
How is the course assessed
On going informal assessment throughout the course
Where next - Further Studies
- AutoCAD 2020
- 3D Modelling & Digital Printing
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Introduction to Turning (Lathes)
- Turning (Lathes) Intermediate level.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Variety in the Engineering sector.
Certification is based upon the achievement of the passing the course content and paying the fees in full.
PLEASE NOTE If you have made an application between 11 July and 24 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office from 24 August onwards.
Last updated: 8 July 2020
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.