BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Engineering (Electromechanical)
4 GCSEs at grade D (grade 3) or above including English and maths, plus A*-D (grade 9 - 3) in science and one of the following - design technology, business and ICT or a relevant Level 1 course in Engineering including English and maths, plus a good school report commenting on attendance, punctuality, behaviour and commitment.
Who is the course for
This course is for students who intend to gain an understanding of, and the skills required for the electronics or manufacturing industry.
The course comprises of two core units, two mandatory units and six specialist units. This provides a total of 360 GLH.
- The Engineering World
- Investigating an engineered product
- Interpreting and using engineering information
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Health and safety in engineering
- Engineering materials
- Computer aided engineering
- Machining techniques
- Electronic circuit design and construction
- Electrical and mechanical science for engineering
Text reading, lectures, taking notes in class and practicals.
How is the course assessed
The units: The Engineering World and Interpreting and using engineering information are assessed externally. All other units are assessed internally by controlled time tests and course work.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (subject to academic performance and attendance) or a relevant apprenticeship.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a technician, maintenance/manufacturing engineer or a technical sales rep.
Last updated: 12 October 2017.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00