Intensive English For IELTS
For UK/EU applicants:
You need to have a B1 Level of English (on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Please click here for further details.
You will to sit a test to assess your level of English.
For Overseas applicants:
- Minimum High School / Secondary School Qualifications
- English Language ability at CEFR B1-B2 Level (IELTS 4.0-5.5). An online assessment will need to be completed.
- Skype/Video Call Interview required
- Evidence of Finances to support your stay in the UK.
- Students wishing to study this course will be required to enter the UK on a Short-Term Study Visa.
Who is the course for
This intensive English course will focus on the skills needed to succeed in the IELTS Academic Test at CEFR B2 Level. The course covers reading, writing, listening and speaking as well as developing your grammar and vocabulary. It is suitable for those who plan to take the IELTS test or who need to improve their English quickly for work or study purposes.
The course covers reading, writing, listening and speaking as well as developing your grammar and vocabulary. Classes will consist of 15 hours per week, with a five-day morning timetable.
Each unit is studied through workshop and classroom activities. There is a weekly tutorial and private study to enable students to work on their own. The IELTS exam itself can be taken off campus after completion of the course. The cost of the test is an additional £200.
How is the course assessed
Classwork, homework and exam practice.
Where next - Further Studies
Students who successfully complete this course may progress onto a higher level English Language course, a Pre-University Programme (A Level/BTEC), or a Pathway to Degree Programme (HND).
Where next - Job Opportunities
Improving your English Language skills may enable you to find employment in a variety of sectors in the global market.
Last updated: 23 February 2017.
How to Apply
UK/EU Students - You can enrol by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person, please come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Tue 18 April 2017
Duration: 10 Week(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 13:00
Total College Fee: £1400.00