Foundation Learning & Skills for Life
Our courses are suitable for students who have few or no formal qualifications and would like to progress onto a vocational course in the future. They are suitable for learners with special educational needs.
What’s it like in Foundation Studies?
- Students study employability, maths and English as well as learning a range of skills such as horticulture, ICT and customer service.
- Friendly staff provide a supportive and caring environment to help students reach their potential and progress to further study or employment.
- Students get involved in enterprise tasks and community-based activities, such as raising money for charity, volunteering in the community, making products to sell and organising events.
- Preparation for the world of work is important and there are units to help students apply for jobs and interview practice, with the support of our Employment Coach. All students participate in work experience and/or voluntary work
Skills for Life
Our courses are suitable for students with a wide range of learning difficulties or disabilities, who have few or no formal qualifications and who require support to help them work towards a specific goal or gain a qualification.
- Students gain a range of basic and life skills such as maths, English and ICT, cooking, horticulture, money management, accessing the community, developing confidence and study skills.
- Friendly staff provide a supportive and caring environment and are on hand to help students reach their potential.
- Students get involved in work related activities and gain valuable life skills. Students do work experience in our own shop where they develop their social and numerical skills.
- Our team of Learning Support Assistants are on hand in the classroom to ensure learners get all the support they need.