Access to Further Education
There are various levels offered and students will be placed on the right course following an assessment during an interview.
Who is the course for
Designed for school leavers and young adults with various learning difficulties, who want to improve their personal and social skills plus develop their skills in English and maths.
Students will study functional skills in English and maths at an appropriate level (between Entry Level 1 and Level 1), alongside one of the courses below:
- C&G Entry Level Certificate in Working in the Retail Sector (Entry 2 & Entry 3)
- BTEC Certificate in Vocational Studies (Entry 3)
- C&G Employability – Certificate in Employability Skills (Level 1)
- NOCN Level 2 Diploma Skills for Employment Training and Personal Development
Units may include: personal finance, taking part in sport, digital photography, understanding crime and its effect and awareness of equality and diversity. In addition to their course, students will work on non-accredited topics to improve their individual, personal, social and living skills. These may include drama, sport, art, cooking and citizenship.
Plus there will be an opportunity to take part in a work placement supported by our Employment Coach.
Students are supported in class and on off-site activities by our team of learning support assistants. We are also able to support on a 1-1 basis, where required, and provide a Communication Support Worker.
Individual, pairs and small group work
How is the course assessed
Portfolio; presentations; examinations
Where next - Further Studies
Course tutors will help students to prepare for their next step when they complete the course. There may be opportunities to progress onto another course within Foundation Studies or vocational courses within the College.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Paid/voluntary employment/further training
For further information please contact Clare Husbands, Section Manager on 01895 853464.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.