Gateway Entry 3 Certificate in Progression
- Young people who show an interest in wanting to improve their English & Maths skills.
- An interview with a member of staff from the Access to FE team plus a good reference from school/college is mandatory.
- Students will be expected to commit to the course and display good attendance & punctuality.
Who is the course for
Students who are interested in boosting their English, Maths and personal skills. Students who are unsure of what they want to do in the future.
The course is made up of the following three strands:
- Portfolio Work: Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Certificate In Progression (Entry 3) including Small Animal Care, Horticulture units
- Functional Skills Maths & English – all levels
- Work Placement – 36 hours minimum
- Non-qualification activities – horticulture, cooking etc
Lectures, practical, workshops and research.
How is the course assessed
Candidates have to collect a portfolio of evidence. Assessment consists of both performance and knowledge evidence. Performance evidence is through direct observation of the candidate, products or outcomes of the candidate’s work, such as items that have been produced or worked on.
Evidence can also take the form of witness statements, assessor observations or authenticated reports, records or photographs of the work or activity.
Candidates should be capable of combining the various features and techniques to be successful in the assessment.
Where the candidate’s knowledge and understanding (and the handling of contingency situations) is not apparent from performance evidence, it will be assessed by oral questioning and/or written questions and answers and practical demonstrations. Functional Skills Maths & English will be assessed through exams.
There are a number of enrichment activities throughout the year including: Enterprises Community projects Sporting activities
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.