BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in IT - Creative Computing
5 GCSEs including English Language and Maths at grade C (grade 4/5) or above
Who is the course for
Take your knowledge to the next level and develop practical competence for a career in the games, TV or film industries. The emphasis is on developing practical skills in a broad range of areas listed below.
- Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems.
- Developing Computer Games
- Human Computer Interaction
- Digital Graphics
- Computer Game Platform and Technologies
- 2D Animation Production
- 3D Modelling
- Drawing Concept Art for Computer Games
- Procedural Programming
- Project Planning with IT
- Computer Animation
- Digital Graphics for Interactive Media
- 3D Animation
- Computer Game Engines
- Designing Tests for Computer Games.
The course covers a wide range of practical skills. You will be learning how to develop a range of 2D and 3D assets, work within a 2D and 3D game engine.
This course is classroom taught, with a range of lectures, group work, presentations and workshops.
How is the course assessed
Assessment is through a series of assignments including written assignments, group work, practical’s, product creation and presentations.
Where next - Further Studies
BSC or BA degree programme, students have progressed onto a degree course at the following universities:
- Bournemouth University
- Westminster University
- Hertfordshire University
- Middlesex University.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Careers include: computer animation, 2D or 3D asset creation, level design and character design.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.