Pearson BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Information Technology
Entry Level 3 Numeracy and Literacy, which will be assessed at your interview.
Who is the course for
This course is for those who wish to pursue a career in games development, focusing on a wide range of aspects including creating websites, basic programming, digital product creation and animated graphics.
On this course you will cover a wide variety of theoretical and practical development skills, including such units as;
- Developing Digital Information Using IT
- Creating Websites
- Creating a Computer Program
- Developing a Digital Product
- Creating a Digital Animated Graphic By the end of this course you will have developed an independent portfolio showcasing the range of skills you have developed and use this to progress onto the next stage of your education.
This course is classroom taught, with a range of lectures, group work, presentations and workshops. Supplemental online/self study is also recommended.
How is the course assessed
Assessment is through a series of assignments and projects (individual and group based).
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Information & Creative Technology (Games) or BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Information & Creative Technology.
Where next - Job Opportunities
The Games and TV/Film industries are a constantly expanding environment, with job roles developing to cover a broader range of skills and technologies. With jobs in such areas as; animation visualisation, level design, game design, 3D modelling, 3D animation and character design.
Last updated: 24 April 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.