Gain the skills you need for a successful career in hairdressing. Our highly qualified and industry renowned team will support you to develop your styling, cutting and colouring techniques to offer the latest trends commanded in this creative industry. By combining practical and theory classes, the team will encourage you to reach your full potential.
What's it like in Hairdressing?
- Develop your technical knowledge and keep on-trend by taking part in trips to industry exhibitions, workshops and visits from product reps and industry professionals.
- Our highly qualified staff have excellent, up-to-date industry experience including Master Colourists titles; in addition, one of the team was a National Finalist in the Afro Stylist of the Year Competition held at “Salon International” in October 2017.
- Work experience opportunities are plentiful on our courses and you will work with real clients in our Distinction salons using professional products including Wella and Goldwell.
- Showcase your creativity at the annual hair show, various competitions and college photoshoots to develop your portfolio for potential employers.
- Prepare for the world of work with our fantastic links with local salons and suppliers plus take part in work experience. You will also have opportunities to trade test for job at a range of salons including the world-renowned Headmasters.
- Previous students now work for a wide range of salons, including Headmasters and the salons at Sky TV headquarters.
Distinction our hairdressing salons are based on the Hayes Campus and are open to the public, offering a wide range of treatments at a discounted price. Students benefit from working with paying clients in a realistic work environment, under the supervision of our highly qualified staff.
Click here for a pricelist or to book an appointment please call 01895 853666.
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.
Uxbridge College are a HABIA (Hair and Beauty Industry Authority) Member School.
HABIA are the standards setting agency for the hair and beauty sector. Providing quality approvals for training excellence, and the developers of all hair and beauty occupational standards.
Last updated: 16 May 2019