C&G Level 1 Diploma in Intro to the Hair/Beauty Sector
You will be interviewed to assess your suitability for the course and be tested for adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Who is the course for
This course is for school leavers wishing to enter either the hairdressing or beauty industries.
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Hair plaiting
- Create an image using colour for the hair and beauty sector
- Skin care
- Hand care
- Basic make-up application
- Themed face painting.
The College has links with local employers and west end salons. All students are on work placement for at least one week during the course.
How is the course assessed
Understanding of theory work is assessed by written questions, projects and assignments, which are completed at the end of each unit and also by oral questioning during practical situations. Assessment of practical skills is ongoing while working in the training salons.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Hairdressing, Level 2 Technical Certificate in Hairdressing or Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Beauty Therapy or an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hair and Beauty.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Successful candidates should be able to gain employment in a hairdressing salon, hotel, department store salon, health hydro or on board a cruise ship. You could also open your own salon or become a technician for a large company within the industry.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.