C&G Level 2 Diploma in Hair & Beauty (3004-12)
An interview to assess your suitability for the course and a test for adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone wishing to enter the hairdressing or beauty industries
Course units include:
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Client care and consultation in beauty-related industries
- Client consultation for hair services
- The art of dressing hair
- Shampoo and condition the hair & scalp
- Cut women’s hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Provide nail art
- The art of photographic make-up.
The course is assessed through practical assessments and the theory by online tests. There are also two written assignments to complete, one for hairdressing and one for beauty therapy
How is the course assessed
This is a full time course. You will study through practical sessions in both hairdressing and beauty, take part in theory lessons and assignment workshops
Where next - Further Studies
Level 3 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing, Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects Hair & Media Make-up or onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You could gain employment in a hairdressing salon, hotel, department store salon, health hydro or on board a cruise ship. You could work towards opening your own salon or become a technician for a large company within the industry.
Last updated: 31 October 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.