Paediatric First Aid (2 Day)
Who is the course for
Do you look after young children on a regular basis? Did you realise there are differences in the way first aid should be administered to young children? If you are a new parent or grandparent, or have responsibility for the care of young children and wish to have more confidence whilst the child is in your care, this course will provide invaluable information for the first aid of children.
The course covers how to deal with accidents and emergencies that can occur with children, including:
- First Aid Kits
- First Aid Priorities
- Resuscitation - Adult, Child and Baby
- Managing Incidents
- Eye and Ear Injuries
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Foreign objects
- Control of Bleeding and Shock
- Burns and Scalds
- Childhood Illnesses including Meningitis and Febrile Convulsions
- Recording and Reporting
12 hours of theory and practical sessions over 2 days (6 hours per day)
How is the course assessed
Continuous individual assessment by trainer and scenarios to practice skills, as well as a multiple choice question paper
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Job Opportunities
For more information please contact Hazel Fraser on 01895 853703.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.